I have been asked by about 5 different people “What are you going to take baby Grace home from the hospital in?!”, “Do you have a take home outfit yet?” etc.
I hadn’t obviously given it much thought but I figured, I probably should…she needs to come home in something right?!
Here are my tips for finding the perfect take home outfit:
- Remember, not many people are probably going to see this outfit.
- You have a newborn…put them in something comfortable. I.E.: Probably not a frilly tutu. They’re a little baby with sensitive skin, be fair!
- This is just a personal preference but I like classic pieces and less…tacky pieces. I am not a huge fan of take home outfits that say things like “Here I am world!” or “I’ve arrived!”
- Gender appropriate. Now, I know everybody thinks they have the cutest newborn in the world. Am I right? But more times than not…in the first month or so it’s hard for others to immediately identify whether or not your bouncing baby is a girl or boy. So, put them in something that’s either adorably feminine or boyishly cute! If you’re not a pink person, no worries, you don’t have to put your little girl in something that you don’t like! There are a million different colours and patterns out there that scream girl! Or, how about a precious ribbon headband?! So many options.
- Have them match. If you have more than one piece of your take home outfit like I do…onesie, hat and blanket, make them cohesive so that when you’re snapping pictures, your baby looks even more adorable than he or she already is!